Thursday, August 07, 2008

Hardesty, OK

Prior to my departure, my wonderful boss Cheryl surprised me with a US atlas in which she had outlined a possible route for me to take across the country. Included in this route was her hometown, Hardesty, Oklahoma, on the panhandle of the state. After leaving Oklahoma City, Amos and I drove up to the panhandle and nearly drove through the town it was so small. The town is literally only half a mile long. Amos and I were looking for Big D's Cafe and missed it, and the next second we were outside the town. So we had to go back in and ask a local kid and he showed us where it was. Amos and I enjoyed a delicious meal at Big D's - the Big D's Cheeseburger and Prairie Chips. Anyway, thanks, Cheryl, for the wonderful suggestion of going through Hardesty. I can't believe you grew up there! It's seriously in the middle of absolutely nowhere!!

A couple miles outside of Hardesty. Nothing as far as the eye can see...




3 comments:

  1. Ok...I can see that the '''vegetarian options" would definitely be a stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big d's has the best food in the panhandle

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you try the home made pies, they are great, and I love the home made chips with their special seasoning, (they call them praire chips)

    ReplyDelete