Monday, August 04, 2008

Goodbye Harrisonburg


Well, today's the day that I leave Harrisonburg and begin my trek across the country to California. Packing has taken a little longer than I was hoping for, therefore I am leaving a little later than I was planning. I think it will end up being noon or early afternoon when I end up leaving. I am getting nervous as I am about to leave, knowing that every mile I drive away is a mile further away from shore, and I am simply trusting that by God's grace I will reach the opposite shore safely. Please pray for safety as I drive across, that I won't get in any accident and that our car makes it safely. We have not had any problems with it, but when you start a 2600 mile trip it becomes more of a concern.

Wow...so this is goodbye. I have lived in Harrisonburg 3 years, 7 months, and 2 days. When I first arrived I was a single guy with all my life's belongings packed in my Mercury Tracer. Now as I leave, I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world and have the most precious daughter in the world. I am leaving Harrisonburg a richly blessed man. I could not ask for more. Harrisonburg has become home to me, and so as I move away I am leaving part of my heart - for in Harrisonburg I began my first "real" job out of college; I proposed to Sarah here; Sarah and I were married here; Phoebe was born here; and here I have met and made friends so dear to me that they are like family.

Well, Harrisonburg, it has been more than a pleasure, and I hope to continue that pleasure again in the future. As Douglas MacArthur said, "I came through and I shall return." I am joyful over what lies ahead, but my heart is heavy over leaving so many loved ones. So long, and farewell. Keep in touch.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. We understand how you are feeling, Levi. God bless you, Coles, and may southern CA be used to bless you, grow you, and give you many rich memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Levi--thanks for all the photos and the journaling along the way. Wht a cool way to include us and others in your lives as you leave VA and start a new season of life in CA. Praise the Lord for how He took care of you going across the USA. He will do the same for you, Sarah and Phoebe and Sweet Baby Cole in California. We love you!!! We pray for you every day.

    ReplyDelete