Tuesday, March 09, 2010

It's too quiet back there...

So this afternoon i was chatting it up with my mom on the phone for about 20 mins and she asked what the kids were up to. I told her lately they have been doing so well playing together and keeping one another entertained. "Like right now, they're playing quietly in their room together! It's GREAT! I can really see myself getting used to this stage of parenting!" I was abruptly interrupted with screams, so i promptly said goodbye and went to investigate. When i opened the closet door i found THIS. What you can't see in the photo, is the small piles of poop in different areas of the closet, smeared on important papers (taken out of the filing cabinet), and smeared on the wall. Phoebe was completely naked, and Max was just hanging out, toddling around like nothing was wrong. I don't know why they were screaming. I'm glad they did, i can't imagine what else they would have gotten into if i hadn't come in when i did. Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOSH!!!! Oh Sarah, I can just imagine.... are you laughing yet? Or still gagging? I am seriously dreading our first poop fiasco, I know its only a matter of time and I'm not sure how I'll deal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. I agree with Jenny. I haven't had the first poop fiasco yet, but when it comes I'll need to remind myself of your blog so I laugh and don't cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i was reading your blog - and remembered this story about the poop and it makes me laugh so much. my cousin tara has a 2 year old and he is constantly pooping everywhere, the floor, his bedroom, the living room...a few weeks ago he was upstairs in the playroom playing - and he pooped EVERYWHERE and wiped it all over his toys, hammered it (with a plastic toy hammer) into the carpet...it was DISGUSTING.

    ReplyDelete