Friday, November 07, 2008

It's raining...RAIN!!!

You may look at this picture and think there is nothing special about it. It probably looks like a cloudy, rainy day to you. And that is exactly what it is - a rainy day! We recently had about 4 days in a row where it rained around here. Apparently it had not rained since April. I don't think you can really appreciate rain until you live in a place like LA. Here you see what rain really does. When it rains it clears all the smog out of the air and makes it fresh and clear. Incidentally, when it rains, you discover that mountains surround LA - something you would not know if it did not rain! Also, it washes away the thin filament of dirt and smog that covers everything, while also providing life and nourishment to the soil and vegetation. All I can say is that I LOVE it when it rains here. It's so beautiful, and I praise God for it!

2 comments:

  1. Is this where you guys live? It looks just like the apartments from the karate Kid (I saw that movie a couple of weeks ago!) just thought I would let you know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, mr. miyagi used to be the property manager.

    ReplyDelete