Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Mel-dee-dee




It had been about 20 years since seeing “Mel-dee-dee”. That is what I called my friend Melodie, when I was 5 years old. She and I were friends and neighbors growing up in Northern Virginia. We got to reconnect and it was so much fun going over memories and catching up! We used to take being mommies to our baby dolls very seriously when we were little. I remember Friday was “wash day” for the baby doll clothes and we’d hang the clothes out on the line in the back yard. One time I was at Melodie’s house for the night and I was enthralled with a little cactus plant they had. Melodie warned me not to touch it, but of course I had to and I got a thorn stuck in my finger. I wouldn’t stop crying about it and I remember not sitting still for her mom to try to get it out. Her list of ideas of distracting me and making me happy was completely exhausted and she finally stuck me in a bedroom while I sulked. Looking back it is very funny. It’s wonderful reuniting with old friends – I think that’s what we’ll be doing for part of eternity in heaven and it’s going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment